Thursday, December 7, 2017

my everyday style: a trip to the tree farm!

Cutting down a Christmas tree is a yearly tradition our whole family looks forward to.  And while it's usually cold and snowy - this year was a different story! Sunny and high 40s was a welcome change to freezing our buns off and taking the first tree we found... instead, my kids had a blast running through the acres and acres of trees and my husband and I got to slowly peruse the selection without having to snatch and grab one because we were so cold.  Of course, we still had to snag a warm beverage for the drive out there - I mean, a tradition is a tradition.

A cozy fleece pullover, hat (40% off!) and scarf (under $25!) were perfect for battling the slight chill in the air and I was afraid the farm would be muddy so I went for my SOREL boots... which are a work horse for keeping your feet dry, warm and the mud washes off them so easily.

These trees here in the photos are my favorite trees of all, they are called Concolor.  You can see they are quite fluffy and have a blueish/greenish color. If you smell them they have a citrusy-pine scent. Which is AMAZING.  Unfortunately their branches don't hold ornaments too well, especially the heavy ornaments.  We ended up with a very full and TALL Balsam Fir (9 feet - yikes!), which has very soft needles and strong branches.  Firs have what I would call a very woodsy-pine scent. Our family room smells like a Christmas tree farm and I am not mad about it!











Outfit Details:
hat - 40% off!
scarf - under $25!



 

site design by kiki co.