Tuesday, December 5, 2017

my everyday style: 10 things making me happy right now!

A few months ago I started posting a quick list at the beginning of the month of ten things that are currently making me happy... it's such a fun way to start the month! So without further ado... here are 10 things making me happy right now, I'd love to hear what's making you happy this month - feel free to chime in below!

1) All the Christmas decor is DONE at my house (well about 99% done). The twinkle lights, smells of fresh pine and all my favorite ornaments are sure making me happy right now.
2) Christmas music is HERE!  I admit that I have to listen to it in bits and pieces because otherwise I will get burnt out on it - but man when I am doing Christmas prep around the house or working on Christmas content for the blog - it gives me ALL the feels!
3) Holiday party season! There is nothing I love more than a fun night with friends... we don't go to a lot of parties, but the ones we do make time for are some of the most special ones.
4) Gift shopping - sometimes I think the gift buying process gets a bad rap this time of year. But what is more special than picking out that PERFECT gift, hiding it, wrapping it and then waiting to see the reaction on the recipients face. It's definitely a process I love and it gives me the warm fuzzies this time of year.
5) Christmas movies - is there such thing as watching Elf, Polar Express or A Charlie Brown Christmas too many times?! I think not.
6) You all know I have a sweet tooth and Christmas candy is some of my favorite!  I love the old fashioned hard ribbon candy, the gum drops and of course a good old candy cane cures the winter blues!
7) Early nights.  I know by about February I will be sick of the short days, but lately I have loved it getting dark early.  It's an excuse to get in my pajamas a little early and in general just slow down, especially during this super busy season.
8) Christmas cookies! We always make a lot of cookies and then freeze them all to bring out on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - what are your favorite Christmas recipes?
9) Our Christmas photos... okay so the morning of the shoot was a little stressful (rain, grumpy teens, etc) - but they turned out so great.  These three people are my life.
10) You gals! You show up, you comment, you send messages, you encourage me, you click and buy and you make this blog what it is! I'm always trying to do better for you gals and endlessly thankful for your support! 2017 was one of the most exciting years on the blog and I have you to thank for that.

One of my favorite holiday traditions is decorating the Christmas tree(s) - we did two full size trees this year! I say it's my "favorite" tradition... but really, they are ALL my favorite traditions. This is by far one of the kids' favorite too.  Sure it's a little hectic unpacking boxes and giving the kids instructions on what goes where, and there always seems to be 5 ornaments on one branch, but it's so fun!  Every year we blast the Christmas music, bring up all the dusty boxes from the basement, get some cookies and hot cocoa out and have at it! I snagged these adorable Santa mugs this year and the kids love them (they've been eating snacks and cereal out of them too!).








Details:
Sweater - under $50 and 5 colors!



 

site design by kiki co.