Friday, October 13, 2017

the October beauty edit!

Along with introducing the new series The Monthly Edit (you can read the first installment here) I am also launching a monthly series on all things beauty.  Beauty was never something I thought I would be blogging about or ever something I thought I would get SO many questions on from my readers. But the more I talk about beauty on Instagram or Instagram Stories or even here on the blog... the more you gals want!  I'm always paying attention to what works and what doesn't as far as posting and now it's a no-brainer why this is something that matters to you gals. And it matters to me more than ever too.

We aren't getting any younger!  And while I don't feel my age... let's be honest, there are signs creeping up that I may look it.  My skin wrinkles easier, my hair seems a touch thinner than it was in my 20s, somehow at almost 40 I still battle breakouts (why!?!?) but my skin takes longer to bounce back and the list goes on. Beauty matters because these days women are taking amazing care of their bodies, they are clued in to trends and style more than the generation before us was at our age and we want our skin and face to keep up the pace!  Aging gracefully is on everyone's mind these days.  Including mine.   This monthly series will keep you up to date on what I am using, trying, loving, and maybe even not loving!  Let me know how you like this post, and what beauty-wise you would like to see more of in the future.



Lemon water has all sorts of benefits and for me, less breakouts is one of them. Lately I've been taking mine with with collagen proteins.  This is a daily ritual I never skip.

L'Oreal Root Cover-up has been a life saver as I'm struggling with grey hairs popping up between trips to the salon big time.  This stuff WORKS! One warning is it can come off on lighter shades of nail polish if you touch your scalp.  So be careful!  I've also heard from readers that Bumble and Bumble or Oribe make great options that cost a little more, but that won't ruin nails (if that's a concern for you).  

I have recently purchased Kristin Ess' Shampoo & Conditioner and Texture Spray.  I'm not sure if the shampoo and condition are my all time favorites, but they do smell so, so amazing!  The texture spray is a clear winner though and I love using it!

BeautyCounter Mini Trio of Face Oils (the set is available for a limited time and only $21!) After a rough summer for my skin I am back to using a facial oil regularly.  #3: Balancing Oil works wonders on my skin.  If the words facial and oil together scar you, I promise you your skin will thank you.  You just need to use the tiniest amount and watch your skin be transformed. 

Dusty pink nail polish is my go-to for a lighter fall manicure color.  I love this ooh la lace nail polish -   it's the perfect fall pink.

Do you brush your hair? I find I only really comb it after a shower.  Recently I started using my Aveda Hair Brush before bed. It is such a relaxing way to end the day and I feel like my hair is shinier and more full of life.

If you've never tried the Juice Beauty Apple Peel you need to.  Like I mentioned, my summer skin was needing a reset big time this fall. This peel is one of the best you can get without going to a professional. I highly recommend it. 



 

site design by kiki co.