Monday, May 8, 2017

my everyday style: cut off shorts!

I have a love/hate relationship with cut off denim shorts.  On the one hand I love them, they are super easy to wear, really cute and are super practical for the entire summer.  On the other hand, they are shorts.  And I, like many women have a complicated relationship with my legs. And thus, shorts. I'll just leave that right there - because many ladies probably know what I mean.

But the practical-ness shouts to me and cut-off shorts just begged to be worn.  So I've found pretty decent work around.  I've found that wearing one size too big in denim shorts instantly makes them more flattering.  By nature cut-offs are casual, so why not go majorly casual and wear them a little bigger and lower on your hips that your usual denim pieces!?!?  Maybe this isn't news to you... but it was a fairly sizable "ah-ha!" moment for me. And then in the end if you still aren't game may I suggest: the denim skirt.

In other news... this sweater is on MAJOR sale last time I checked and I'm pretty sure it's the absolute perfect spring sweater. It's the perfect weight and great with shorts, sweaters, jeans or even over a swim suit on a chilly pool or beach day.










Outfit Details:
Sandals (these or these)




ALSO! I wanted to make sure you saw a tiny (but AWESOME!) tweak I did to the blog recently... if you see on the pink header up top I have now divided my posts by SEASON!  Yes! I'm so excited to finally roll this out, because I was working forever on the back end of it.  If you live in an area of the country where you are constantly worrying about what to wear because of the weather (like moi!) then I think you will love this! Just click on 'Spring,' 'Summer,' 'Winter,' or 'Fall' to find the best outfit inspiration!  Try it out and let me know what you think!

 

site design by kiki co.