Monday, November 20, 2017

my everyday style: sequins for the holidays!

Today I'm bringing you MORE holiday outfit inspiration and MORE velvet... I just can't quit the velvet lately. And really, why should I be expected to? You gals really loved the velvet look I posted last week and I've got another velvet piece today that I just adore.  This velvet blazer is PERFECT for holiday gatherings - dressy or casual.  It would be gorgeous thrown over a lace dress or dressed down like I did here with a simple striped top, SEQUINS shoes (dying for these!) and jeans.  It's SO simple but definitely still has that holiday vibe that we are all going for these days.

Throwing a festive blazer over wardrobe basics is the perfect way to dress for the holidays. I've mentioned it before, but I don't want pieces in my closet that aren't super versatile.  So for holiday dressing I focus on pieces I can wear multiple times.  The sequin shoes mayyyyybe break that rule a bit, but I mean, HOW FUN are these?  I will definitely get my money's worth with these beauties because at this point I plan to wear them to every holiday party I can.  Just watch me ;)

I hope you ENJOY your Thanksgiving week. I know this is a week my family and I look forward to every year. Taking time for family and fun and of course getting a crack on my holiday shopping with all the amazing deals later this week.  This week I've got some really great content coming... I'm launching my kids gift guide (which is geared towards tweens & teens since that is the ages of my kids right now) and it's GOOD.  Then I've got two more holiday inspired outfits coming for you that I think you will really love - one dressy and one casual.  I will kick off my holiday SALE coverage bright and early on Thursday morning, and again on Friday morning.  Then to end the week I have a really fun post featuring my favorite holiday activity. Can you guess what it is?   All this to say, check back often this week, because there is going to be SO much good holiday content for you guys! I'm so excited to bring it all to you.  And if you aren't sick of me and still want more... my family and I will be hitting DISNEY hard later this week... so if you want behind the scenes peeks of our Disney adventures be sure to follow me on Instagram and Instagram stories.











Outfit Details:
Velvet Blazer (size down, I feel like this runs big)
Sequin Shoes - on sale, also in black!



 

site design by kiki co.