Friday, November 17, 2017

holiday wardrobe checklist!

Holiday party season is upon us friends... and if you don't have a few pending invites for events, you are sure to very soon! I often feel like planning special outfits on top of all the other plans that need to be made this time of year can be overwhelming. Anyone else? I know I have to get myself to an event and wrap a gift and bring a dish to pass and pick up a bottle of wine on the way and... and... and... and the outfit comes dead last. So to avoid the "what am I going to wear to this holiday event?" question I like to keep a few items stocked in my wardrobe for whatever the event calls for.  A classic little black dress is a no-brainer, I love this velvet dress!   But a few other fun items like a plaid shirt,  some tassel earringsbow flats, a bow clutchvelvet jeans or a beautiful velvet blazer are great to have to have on hand to quickly pull together a festive look.

I personally tend towards the dressy-casual when attending holiday events and usually we don't have a lot of super "dressy" events on the calendar either. For events like a girls' Christmas luncheon, a book club cocktail hour or a white elephant exchange with friends there is no need to go overboard. Just a touch sparkle, plaid or other festive flair will do.  So for me a perfect outfit would be a plaid shirt paired with a metallic midi skirt and bow flats.  Or velvet jeans paired with a simple cream bell sleeve top and tassel earrings and heels would be great too! A velvet blazer easily pairs with skinny jeans and a pair of sparkly sequin mules gives the whole look a festive feel.  I try not to overthink a holiday party outfit and instead go for pieces that I know I will feel comfortable in for the entire event.

What is your holiday party style?




 

site design by kiki co.