Tuesday, May 16, 2017

5 splurge worthy beauty products!


As I get closer and closer (it's COMING!) to my 40th birthday my skin needs all the help it can get.  With wrinkles and sun spots starting to seriously take shape on my face and the fact that I am super prone to break outs and deep cystic pimples, I'm not messing around with my skincare anymore.  Lately I've been more than willing to invest in my skin, seeing as I hope to look and feel young as long as possible.  And for me, that has meant wisely investing in products that truly work. I've chatted before about my struggles with adult acne and in the past year I have gotten it almost 99% under control.  I definitely think that these products have changed my face for the better and made it less acne prone while also dealing with the effects of aging.

Juice Beauty Green Apple Age Defy Moisturizer - this is mostly my winter moisturizer, but I use it occasionally in the warmer months at night.  It's thick and creamy without being heavy and is great for those dry winter months or post sun exposure that can tighten and dry out my skin. Did you know DRY skin can be just as acne prone as oily skin? Bacteria can break through small dry cracks in the skin and cause break outs. Crazy! 

Perricone MD Chloro Plasma Mask - this was sent to me courtesy of Perricone, but I get sent TONS of beauty products to try and few 'stick'. I was in love with this the minute I tried it. It goes on your face light green and then turns dark green and smells amazing.  It is meant to detoxify and deep clean your face while diminishing the signs of aging. I do this every other week or so and LOVE the effects. My face feels clean and youthful afterward. 

Avene RetrinAL - you've likely heard it a million times, but if you are in your 30s and beyond you NEED to be using a retinol product. I wish I would have started this YEARS ago!  My aesthetician kept recommending it to me and I kept putting it off.  But I think this is single handedly the product that STOPPED my acne in it's tracks.  Be patient with this product because unlike masks or moisturizers you will keep asking yourself "Is this working?" and then one day you will be like. YEP. THIS IS EVERYTHING.  I use it about 5-6 times a week in the winter and 2-3 a week in the summer, this will make your skin sensitive to sun so don't forget your sunscreen or a hat.  I also use this for spot treating pimples or small zits and it works amazing. The good news is you need the TINIEST amount of product, so this will last you forever! I think I've had mine for almost a year and there is still some left. 

SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic Acid - after getting my first HydraFacial (HIGHLY recommend) the aesthetician recommended I add an antioxidant piece to my face regimen.  This stuff is kind of like an oil, but not, you only need about one or two droplets to cover your whole face and it smells a little weird BUT I have noticed the biggest improvement in texture, breakouts and uneven-ness with using this.  The price tag will give you MAJOR sticker shock. But I still think it's worth it. I use it every morning.  And as my budget allows (yikes!) I would love to add more SkinCueticals products to my everyday use.

Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel - all good skin starts with a good cleanser. I depend on my cleanser getting all my makeup off, including my eye makeup (I am lazy like that) and this one does the job. It has a little hint of lavender and eucalyptus and quickly and easily cleanses my face.  The good news is that this bottle is HUGE and will last forever!  Also, it should be noted, that Dermalogica sent this to me to try, but all opinions are my own. 

What are some of the "SPLURGE" products you have tried and loved?? I would love to know!




 

site design by kiki co.